Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Hello World!

Cade Cranston Coker
Born April 23, 2013
8 pounds, 6 ounces
21 3/8 inches long


On Monday night, April 22, Bryan and I were driving home and he decided to take a shortcut on the dirt road instead of driving on actual roads.  The road was full of potholes and very bumpy.  I joked that he was going to put me into labor while we were driving!  Sure enough, a few hours later at 11:45, my water broke.  We called the family, asked Amanda to come down to stay with Callie, and we were on the way to Savannah.  

When we got to the hospital, I was already having steady contractions and was 3 1/2 centimeters dilated.  When I was in labor with Callie I did not feel any contractions, and I did not want to feel any more with this labor, so I asked for the epideral as soon as possible.  By the time we were checked in and settled in a room, I was already 5/6 centimeters dilated.  Baby Coker was coming in a hurry!  I was able to get an epidural shortly after getting in the room.  The needle was not fun, but totally worth it!  All of the family (except PawPaw who was stuck in the middle of nowhere in Texas) drove through the night and got to the hospital around 5.  We said hey to all of the family, took a few pre-baby pictures, and by then it was almost delivery time!


  After only about 20 minutes of pushing, Cade Cranston Coker was born at 7:01 am.  




The moment of delivery and finding out that we had a boy was a great surprise.  Bryan and I have already decided that if/when we have another baby, we will keep the sex a surprise until delivery.  It was an awesome moment!  I think Bryan was in shock for a few minutes that he actually had a son.  


Since he was only 36 weeks and 3 days, the special care nurses were in the room for delivery.  They took their time checking him out, and Cade passed every test with flying colors, including his hearing test.


The pediatrician wondered if my due date was wrong and Cade was actually full term.  All I know is that I am so happy and grateful to the Lord that we have a healthy baby boy!


After Cade was born, Aunt LaLa brought Callie Grace to the hospital to meet her new brother.  She was so excited to meet her baby.




Callie wanted to point out Cade's nose, mouth, ears, and eyes.  She came a little close to poking him in the eye but Aunt Lauren caught her finger at the last minute!


Needless to say, the grandmothers were beyond thrilled to have another addition to our family.



Because Cade was so early, Auntie Em and Devin had not started exams yet and were able to be there at the hospital with us.  Callie was so excited to see everyone - she was full of energy while we were in the hospital.  Lots of laughs!


Cade is loved so much already...


and the kisses from Aunt LaLa have already begun!


PawPaw flew back from Texas and was able to meet Cade on Wednesday.


Welcome to the family, Cade!



No comments:

Post a Comment