Monday, July 1, 2013

Time for Shots!


I cannot believe that Cade is 2 months old already.  With all of the other chaos going on in our lives, time really has flown by.  I took Cade to the doctor last week for his 2 month appointment.  Poor child had to get 3 shots!  He really did well, though.  His wind up to the cry was actually worse than the crying.  He only cried for about a minute.  So proud of my little man!  And I don't know why I call him little man - he is definitely not little.  

June 26
Weight - 13 pounds 10 ounces - 88th percentile
Height - 23 1/2 inches - 84th percentile
Head Circumference - 16 - 73rd percentile

Cade has a ton of gas that really upsets his stomach and can make him pretty fussy.  He does not have colic, but he may have reflux.  It was the worst between 3 weeks and 8 weeks, but it has been getting better the past 2 weeks.  The doctor suggested trying probiotics and antacids in his bottle.  At 9 weeks, Cade started taking formula and that has not seemed to affect his gas too much, but he definitely seems more satisfied after eating.  

And he eats alot!  At 8 weeks, he was eating 4 ounces every 3 hours, except in the night.  He would go to be around 11 or 11:30 and sleep until 4 or 5.  Then I would feed him, put him back to bed, and he would sleep until 8 or 8:30.  Although I do not like to get up at 4 or 5 in the morning, I am very grateful that he only gets up once in the night!


Now (at 10 weeks) he is moving to eating every 3 1/2 hours and he usually gets 5 ounces in each bottle.  We put him to bed at 10:30 and he sleeps until 5 on a normal night.  I normally just give him the pacifier and he goes back to sleep until 7 or 8.  Every now and then though he is starving when he wakes up and I will feed him. 

Cade is really not a good napper unless he is in the carseat.  I guess he is so used to being out and about with Callie that he likes to nap in the carseat.  When we are home and I put him in the bed for a nap he only sleeps about 45 minutes.  


He has started smiling and cooing.  I think I even have heard a laugh or two!  


He is not as fussy anymore and is a much happier baby.  He can follow you as you move back and forth in front of him.  Cade definitely knows Bryan's voice and my voice.  When he hears us, he always turns his head in our direction.  


But without a doubt, Callie is his favorite person.  Every morning Cade and I go wake up Callie and they have some brother-sister time on the bed.  It is so sweet!  Callie will talk to him and give him a kiss, and he has such big smiles.  I love that precious time with them.


He also loves bath time.  Bryan usually gives him a bath before bedtime to help keep him awake.  


Cade has started having some tummy time.  He doesn't love it, but he usually stays there for a few minutes without crying.  He is very good at holding his head up and has some pretty strong neck muscles.


Love my CadeMan!


No comments:

Post a Comment