Sunday, August 18, 2013

The Days of Summer

Summer has flown by and these two crazy kids have kept me on my toes!


We did get to cross several things off of our summer bucket list in July.  I took Callie to the Beaufort County Library for the first time.  She got a library card and picked out a few books that she was very excited to take home.


I painted Callie's toenails.  And I have decided this is how she is going to learn her colors.  She now knows pink and purple, thanks to nail polish.


Amanda and I took Callie, Cade, and Brantley to the Savannah Mall one morning to ride the carousel.  Callie absolutely loved that, but she was not sure about the train ride.  When they started to pull away and drive, she started crying and Brantley tried to climb out of the window.  So Amanda and I were "those moms" running along side the train trying to calm our children.  Wish someone had that on camera!  It should be interesting to see how she reacts to the different rides at Disney next month!


Callie and I went to the Bluffton Farmer's one Thursday afternoon and shared a freshly squeezed lemonade.  After one sip, she didn't want to share with me anymore!


We spent a lot of time at the beach...


 and the pool...


and the beach a few more times to watch Daddy kiteboard.


On one trip to the beach, Callie decided that she needed to help Bryan with his kiteboard.  He loved it!


The 4th of July was a busy morning and a lazy night.  Callie and Cade both woke up very early that morning, so I took them over to Berkeley Hall to see Bryan at work and watch the Firecracker Race.  Callie had fun seeing all of the runners and she cheered them on.  Then we went to Berkeley Hall with Mom, Dad, Emi, and Alyssa and spent most of the day playing in the pool.  Cade napped on the chair, had lunch, and then went swimming for the first time.  The kids were so exhausted from their early morning and fun time at the pool that they had to go to bed early.  I think this was the first year that Bryan and I did not see fireworks!  Mabye next year.


We did hang around the house a few days.  Cade loves to play in the "octopus".  I remember Callie used to sit and play for hours in that thing, so I'm glad Cade likes it too.


He has also mastered the door jumper.  I think that is his favorite activity!  I just move it around the house - upstairs, in my room, in the pantry - so he can be near us.  He loves the interaction!


He also is getting really good at kicking the ball and playing on his playmat.  He is working on holding his head up, but it is hard!  And he has not even thought about rolling over yet.


Bryan got out bubbles one day and Callie thought it was hilarious!  She didn't really understand why Mom made the bubbles move outside though.  :)


And we still make our weekly trips to Lovin Spoons.  Callie gets excited when we turn at that light.  She knows where we are going and that she is going to get some fro yo!


One random Friday night that we were actually home, we went to the Bluffton Shrimp Festival.  Callie got to climb on a shrimp boat and eat delicious shrimp from the Toomer's restaurant.  Of course, she will eat anything with "dip" right now.  I think it is her new favorite word.  Everything that she eats, she asks for dip.  And she could be asking for ketchup, ranch, hummus, peanut butter, honey mustard - it doesn't matter as long as it is dip!


My babies are growing up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment