Monday, November 4, 2013

Summer Bucket List Complete!


Well, we didn't accomplish everything on our Summer Bucket List, but we did have a lot of fun with the ones that we did get to do.  (I know I have probably shared some of this already, but I wanted to have it all in one blog.)

Callie and I made it to the Farmer's Market one Thursday afternoon.  I decided that we could share a fresh squeezed lemonade, but after she had one sip, there was no sharing!


CG loves to read, so I took her to the library one morning to pick out a few books.  She was so excited to have her own library card and a huge selection of books to read.


We did not make it to the fireworks at Shelter Cove, but we did get to see fireworks at Epcot.  Callie was very tired after a long day, but she was a trooper!  I was worried she would be scared of the fireworks, but she did great.  She hugged Daddy's neck and peeked out at the fireworks every now and then.  Once they were over, she talked about them like she loved them!


We visited the petting zoo in Sea Pines, and Callie had a pony ride!  


One cloudy morning, Bryan and I took Callie to the children's museum on the south end, The Sandbox.    She was very busy grocery shopping (and of course she found a baby doll to carry with her)…


working at the cash register…


piloting the airplane…


and watching the trains.


We had no trouble visiting the pool and the beach…. a lot!


By the end of the summer, Callie had no fear of the ocean, which is a little terrifying of me!


And Cade learned to love sleeping outside.


I think that every time Auntie Em and Aunt LaLa came home, we made a trip to the pool.  Callie has become a great swimmer!


I gave Callie her first pedicure, and it has become one of her favorite things to do.  We started with pink, but she has had orange and purple toenails since football season has started.


I decided to take advantage of having a girl who loves to help mom in the kitchen, and we have done a lot of baking.  I think eating the dough is her favorite part…and mine too!


We are about halfway through The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.  I am always amazed at how long she will sit and let me read to her!

On her second birthday, we took Callie to play putt putt.  She must get her excellent golfing skills from her mom!


While enjoying our staycation in Sea Pines, we took a big family trip to Harbour Town to see Greg Russell.  It brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid, and it was so fun to see Callie enjoy it as much as I did!


I took Callie on a breakfast date to the Harbour Town Bakery and we shared a chocolate chip muffin.  Again, the sharing did not work out so well for me!


We made our best efforts to visit several parks around Bluffton and Hilton Head.  We went to the very small park at Daddy's work and went down the slide.  She was very disappointed there were no swings.



We went to Hampton Lake, Baynard Park, and Parkside parks multiple times.  We visited DuBois Park with the new shrimp boat.  And we went to the Harbour Town Playground.


Cade has followed in her sister's footsteps and also loves to swing!  



On our family trip to Atlanta, we took Callie and Cade to the aquarium.  Callie absolutely loved the dolphin show.


And last not but not least, we made the drive to Savannah to go to the carousel and ride on the train. 


Can't wait for next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment